Welcome to Episode 2 of the Sufficiently Human Podcast, which I guess is its name now!
In this episode, Zolani Stewart and I discuss the avant-garde in videogames, defining what we mean by “avant-garde” and looking at specific games we find formally and conceptually substantial and/or subversive. We also discuss how we can improve discourse and appreciation for some of the creative questions that weird or non-normative games pose for us.
- Env – Adrianis
- Scarred – Leo Burke
- Electric Tortoise – Dillon Rogers
- My Father’s Long, Long Legs – Michael Lutz
- Sluggish Morss – Jake Clover & Jack King-Spooner
- The Sun Does Not Exist – Da Neel
- Solaris – tj thomas
- Feed the Ducks – Cecily Carver
- Pale Machine – Ben Esposito
- Rorshach 16 – Swofl
- Polyethylene/Sia – Andi Mcclure
- Mammoth – Jack King-Spooner
- Potato or Big Minta Bronson – James Earl Cox III
- Lake of Roaches – thecatamites
- Journalière – Mason Lindroth
- Saturn V – Cosmo D
Our intro music is “Mezame” by Miguel Atwood-Ferguson off the compilation, Sounds of the Reef. Check out more here.
Our header image was captured from Andi Mcclure’s Sia/Polyethylene.